Tuesday 29 May 2012

A simple thank you!


cc licensed ( BY NC ND ) flickr photo shared by hellojenuine.


I am a lucky man! Last year I was lucky enough to win a Smart Classrooms Teacher of the Year Award which recognised the practices that I deliver within my classroom with my learners. I was extremely chuffed to be recognised and felt very honoured. Whilst I was recognised individually, my practice as a teacher is shaped by the people who I surround myself with in my personal learning network. They inspire me, push me and make me a better educator which in turn enhances the lives of my students.

To those who have inspired me (and there are to many to list….you should know who you are) – I thank you for your passion to our cause to making learning relevant for students who live in the 21st century. It is a hard job being an educator in 2012 and I think that people forget that sometimes. To the facilitators of innovation, I think we all owe a great deal of thanks to. Without them, our systems would not run smooth and our thought processes would not be challenged and facilitated. I love the fact that I have such a wide variety of people who help me innovate and create. Without them, I would be lost. Hopefully they will never be lost to me!

1 comment: